Expectations from Visions
Students can expect:
- to be treated with respect and not judged
- smaller class sizes
- opportunity to complete English, French and Math in one year, if student is strong enough
- extra help from teachers outside of class hours, available upon request
- peer tutoring opportunities
- a safe, respectful environment
- development of leadership skills
- guest speakers and
- field trips
Expectations from students
- all school and program rules must be respected
- attendance is mandatory
- completion of homework is mandatory
- respectful behaviour will be demonstrated at all times
- to do your best
- to understand that the three-strike policy will lead to dismissal from the program.*
* Even when the decision is made for a student to leave the program, the options beyond Visions are clearly explained.
Students must be prepared to follow the programs basic rules. These rules are designed to promote a respectful environment and to keep the students up-to-date in their courses. Adherence to these rules is mandatory.
Potential candidates will be informed of the rules and consequences to those who break the rules. For example, when homework is incomplete then that student will receive a warning (first contract). If the student repeats this infraction, then he/she receives a written warning (second contract), which requires a parental signature. If this infraction is repeated a third time then a second written warning (third contract) is issued and the student and parent(s) are in for a final interview to discuss future options. At this point, the student can be asked to leave the program. The program is designed to be strict and fair.